My name is Frank Reimer. I`m a 38 years old IT specialist and freelanced IT consultant based Hamburg, Germany. I have now nearly 18 years of professional IT experience focused on IT Infrastructure Architecture and Systems Engineering.
Mostly I’m working with Linux (Red Hat certified) and Opensource tools used in modern IT datacenter.
Beside conservative environments with traditional IT silos with dedicated teams for network, storage, compute, operating system support etc. I’ve established and worked with cross functional global working teams to build new agile IT platforms with Red Hat Openshift (Docker, Kubernetes) to support DevOps teams with their fast development cycles.
I`m familiar with building an on premise Coporate Private Cloud with IaaS and PaaS components including Software Defined Storage and Software Defined Network. Always with focus on Software Defined Datacenter.
I have also experiences with DevOps engineering with CI/CD pipelines running on Jenkins and Git as well as Python scripting and automation with Ansible or traditional configuration management with Puppet.
- High school in Hamburg
- Professional education as “Fachinformatiker für Systemintegration”
- Bachelor of Arts in Politics and Administration at Fernuniversitaet Hagen (parallel to the full time job)
- Teamled IT Infrastructure Architects (Solution Engineering) at Kühne + Nagel
- Infrastructure Consultant at Red Hat
- Senior Linux Systems Engineer at Wincor Nixdorf Global IT Operations GmbH
- IT specialist and trainer for IT trainees at ISA Internet Service Agentur GmbH
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator
- Red Hat Certified Engineer
- Red Hat Certified Security Specialist
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Virtualization
- Red Hat Certified Architect (currently under recertification)
- KMK foreign languages certificate English
- IT instructor degree at Handwerkskammer Hamburg
- ITIL v2
Red Hat certification ID:
Red Hat certification number: 120-048-434 (click here to verify)